Charges against investigative journalist dropped, Russia’s interior minister says
Russia’s interior minister says all costs against a outstanding investigative journalist arrested on suspicion of drug dealing have been dropped.
Minister Vladimir Kolokoltsev stated in an announcement Tuesday that the accusations against Ivan Golunov “haven’t been confirmed.”
Kolokoltsev stated Golunov has been launched from home arrest and he intends to hunt the dismissal of three senior police officers and to research others.
Golunov was jailed Thursday and put underneath home arrest on Saturday. He denied possessing medication and the circumstances of his case aroused suspicion amongst rights activists the journalist had been framed.
In a present of uncommon solidarity, Russia’s three main newspapers on Monday put out almost an identical entrance pages to assist the detained journalist.
Kommersant, Vedomosti and RBK, among the many most revered day by day newspapers within the nation, revealed a joint editorial underneath the headline “I’m/We’re Ivan Golunov,” calling for a clear probe into his case.
Golunov, who works for the unbiased web site Meduza, was overwhelmed and saved in custody for 12 hours and not using a lawyer after he was stopped by police in Moscow on Thursday. He was transferred to deal with arrest on Saturday following a public outpouring of assist.
The papers dismissed proof introduced within the case against the journalist.
- Previous Jennifer Aniston Slays at Murder Mystery Premiere: All the Times She’s Killed the Fashion Game
- Next Breaking! New Nigerian Senate President and Deputy sworn in.