– David Lyon has been declared governor-elect of Bayelsa state
– Lyon and 44 other candidates participated in the election
– The governor-elect is 49 years old
David Lyon, governorship candidate of the All progressives Congress (APC), has successfully challenged and finally broken the two-decade-old dominance of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on the politics of Bayelsa state.
Lyon emerged winner of the governorship election in the oil-rich-state conducted by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Sunday, November 17.
Legit.ng brings the profile of the new Bayelsa state governor for those who do not know him well.
45 candidates representing 45 political parties participated in the election.
Here are 13 things you should know about Lyon
1. His full name is David Lyon Perewonrimi
2. He is the CEO of Darlon Security and Guard, a private security firm in Bayelsa state.
3. He was born into the Olodiana clan of Southern Ijaw local government area of the state.
4. He is a wealthy businessman.
5. He is not a very popular face in the Bayelsa political landscape.
6. He contested under the platform of PDP as an aspirant to represent the Southern Ijaw constituency IV in 2011.
7. He defected from PDP in 2015 to join the ruling APC.
8. He was born on December 20, 1970, in Olugbobiri community.
9. He is 49 years old.
10. He attended Saint Gabriel’s State School Olugbobiri, from 1978 to 1983
11. He attended community secondary school, Olugbobiri, from 1984 to 1988.
12. He went to Rivers State College of Education
13. He possesses a National Certificate of Education (NCE).
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had projected David Lyon of the APC as one of the top two candidates for the election in Bayelsa.
Legit.ng also reported that INEC expressed deep disappointment at the level of violence recorded in Saturday, November 16 governorship elections in Kogi and Bayelsa states.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) – Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better.
Bayelsa election: Jonathan expresses disappointment over INEC’s conduct – on Legit TV