Mathematics may be the last thing you would turn to when looking for some hilarious phrases to make you laugh. Despite this perception, there are several math jokes that can make you reel with laughter.
How many funny math jokes for middle school do you know? Whether you love the subject or not, there are several corny math jokes for every occasion that even those who hate it will not be able to resist. Remember, no calculations are needed here. So, relax and be comfortable just in case you hate the subject.
Brace yourself for what could be your best moment with the subject: from bad math jokes to the good ones. Some of the puns are also funny, educational and inspirational for kids, students, and teachers.
Math jokes for kids
Kids can also enjoy the hilarious punchlines as long as they understand some mathematical concepts.
- Why do plants hate mathematics? – It gives them square roots.
- How can you make time fly? – Throw a clock out the window.
- What did the zero say to eight? – Nice belt.
- A circle is a round straight line with a hole in the middle.
- Why are circles so hot? – Because they are 360 degrees.
- How do you keep warm in a cold room? – You go to the corner because it is 90 degrees.
- Life is pointless without geometry.
- Why didn’t the two 4’s feel like dinner? – Because they already 8 (ate).
- Why did the boy do his multiplication problem on the floor? – Because his teacher told him not to use the tables.
- What do organic mathematicians throw into their fireplace? – Natural logs.
- How many mathematicians do you need to change a bulb? – The answer’s at the back of the book.
- What do you call a tree that is made up of numbers? – A geome-tree.
Math teacher jokes
What best math jokes for teachers do you know?
- What kind of tree could a mathematics teacher climb? – Geometry.
- What do you get if you cross a mathematics teacher and a clock? – Arithma-ticks!
- I saw my mathematics teacher with a piece of graph paper yesterday – I think he must be plotting something.
- What’s the best way to flirt with a mathematics teacher? – Use an acute angle.
- What did the spelling book say to the mathematical book? – I know I can count on you.
- What US state has the highest number of mathematics teachers? – Mathachusetts.
- How does a mathematics professor propose to his fiancee? – With a polynomial ring.
- Why is your paper test blank? – All my answers are imaginary numbers.
- What do you call people who love mathematics? – Algebros.
- Why did the tree fall over? – Because it has no real roots.
Cheesy math jokes
There are plenty of good math jokes under this category that will make you laugh.
- Henry had 50 cookies. He ate 20 of them. What does he have now? – Stomachache.
- Why did Pi get its driver’s license revoked? – Because it didn’t know when to stop.
- What did the acorn say when it grew up? – Ge-om-e-try! (Gee, I’m a tree!).
- Bob has 39 candy bars. He ate 29. What does he have now? – Diabetes.
- What’s the official animal of Pi day? – The Pi-thon!
- What do you get if you divide the circumference of a jack-o-lantern by its diameter? – Pumpkin pi.
- What do you call an empty parrot cage? – A polygon. (A polly gone.)
- Why couldn’t the number four get into the nightclub? – Because it was too square.
Nerdy math jokes
You can also take a look at hilarious puns for mathematics nerds that not everyone will understand.
- Did you hear about the mathematician who’s afraid of negative numbers? – He’ll stop at nothing to avoid them.
- What do you get when you take a bovine and divide its circumference by its diameter? – A cow pi.
- A farmer counted 196 cows in the field. When he rounded them up, he had 200.
- Why are obtuse angles so depressed? – Because they’re never right.
- Have you heard about the incontinent mathematician? – He had to use the floor function.
- Why did the Moebius Strip cross the road? – To get to the same side.
- There are only ten types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don’t.
- Why don’t calculus majors throw house parties? – Because you should never drink and derive.
- I’ll do algebra, I’ll do even do statistics, but graphing is where I draw the line.
Incorporating math jokes in class can help break the boredom and motivate students to embrace the subject. What is your favourite pun from the ones listed in the article?