The famous cartoon about magical ponies has gained a lot of popularity among children and adults. It teaches about friendship, positive values, and has a lot of inspiring characters. What are the different My Little Pony names and how can you tell the magical creatures apart?
This show has multiple characters, and it is possible to get confused as you watch the series. This is why many people use My Little Pony character names list for reference when they need to remember the identities of all magical creatures.
What are the names of My Little Pony characters?
If you are curious about the original My Little Pony names, there are six primary characters who are widely known as the “Mane Six”. They defend their magical country, Equestria, from various threats. Here is My Little Pony names list for six most famous protagonists.
- Princess Twilight Sparkle. She is the central personality of the series. This character has a purple colour scheme with a dark-blue and pink mane. She is known for her intellect, as well as her love for science and adventures. She is a natural leader who often resolves conflicts between her friends.
- Applejack. She is orange and has blonde hair. Her main characteristic is “farm girl,” as she works as an apple farmer and speaks with a southern accent. She represents honesty and courage and is very down-to-earth compared to her friends.
- Rainbow Dash. This little horse has a blue colouring and a rainbow mane, which explains her name choice. She is obsessed with adventures and is very athletic, with a goal to join the Wonderbolts aerobatic team. She is a representation of loyalty.
- Pinkie Pie. This character is pink with a magenta mane. She is the comedian in the series, as she is involved in multiple funny scenes. She often throws parties and makes her friends feel less stressed, but also lacks confidence and has a great fear of rejection. Pinkie Pie represents laughter.
- Rarity. She is a white unicorn who has a violet mane. Being a huge fashionista, she is often melodramatic and may seem arrogant. However, she has a kind heart and represents generosity. She sees the inner beauty in everyone.
- Fluttershy. This pegasus is yellow in colour and has a pink mane. She loves nature and animals, which she can communicate with. She is shy, sweet, and symbolises kindness.
These characters are the primary six in the series, and the plot is mostly focused on them. However, there are also a few other prominent characters. Here are all My Little Pony names that belong to the recurring characters.
- Royal Family. It consists of Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Princess Cadance, Prince Shining Armor, and Flurry Heart. They are the highest-ranking family in Equestria. Princess Celestia, in particular, possesses traits of Pegasi, Unicorns, and Earth Ponies.
- Cutie Mark Crusaders. This team includes Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle. All of them want to earn “cutie marks” and discover their unique talents. A few episodes focus on them achieving their goal.
- Honorary members. Some of them include Babs Seed and Gabby. They manage to earn their place in the Cutie Mark Crusaders team throughout the show.
- Friends and allies. A few of the Mane Six’s allies are Discord, Big McIntosh, Granny Smith, and Starlight Glimmer. They are all connected with the primary characters in different ways.
- Young Six. Those young magical creatures are students at the School of Friendship, which is run by the Mane Six. The names of My Little Pony young six are Smolder, Ocellus, Silverstream, Yona, Gallus, and Sandbar.
My Little Pony names and cutie marks
All the main characters have a “cutie mark,” which is a unique symbol that indicates their special talent. You can find My Little Pony names and symbols below, and discover which special talent each magical creature has.
- Twilight Sparkle’s mark is a six-pointed star, which is surrounded by five more small stars. She got this one because she was a magic student and eventually improved her magical abilities.
- Rainbow Dash has a cloud mark with a rainbow-coloured lightning bolt. The meaning of this symbol originates from her love for speed and showing off her athletic moves.
- Pinkie Pie’s cutie mark is three balloons. Those balloons symbolise her finding enjoyment in throwing parties, as well as her social activity and energetic personality.
- Rarity has three diamonds as her cutie mark, which suggests that she is as rare as a diamond.
- Applejack’s marking is three red apples, which is a symbol of her life at Sweet Apple Acres and the joy she finds in farming.
- Fluttershy has three butterflies, which are a representation of her passion for taking care of animals and communicating with them.
- Princess Celestia is marked with an eight-pointed sun, which indicates that she is responsible for raising the sun.
If you were asking, “What are the My Little Pony names?” and could not differentiate the characters, then, hopefully, you have found your answers. My Little Pony characters names are very unique and magical, just like the premise of the show suggests. You can watch this show if you are curious about its plot and personalities.