– IGP Adamu has disbanded the ZIS over the gruesome killing of a former footballer of Remo Stars club, Kazeem Tiamiyu.
– Tiamiyu was killed on Saturday, February 22, in Sagamu area of Ogun state
– Adamu, however, noted that the police would not relent until the perpetrators of the evil act are brought to book
Following the killing of a former player of Remo Stars Football Club, Kazeem Tiamiyu, the Inspector-General of Police (IGP), Mohammed Adamu, has disbanded the 12 Zonal Intervention Squad (ZIS).
Channels TV reports that Tiamiyu was killed on Saturday, February 22, after being allegedly pushed out of a moving police vehicle by the operatives who had arrested him and were taking him to Abeokuta, the state capital.
Legit.ng gathered that the ZIS operatives, a special unit under the Assistant Inspector-General of Police (AIG) Zone II, have been operating around border communities of Lagos and Ogun states.
The disbandment of the unit was announced by the Deputy Inspector-General of Police (DIG), Peter Ogunyanwo, on Tuesday, February 25, during a condolence visit to the state governor, Dapo Abiodun.
DIG Ogunyanwo explained that the decision is part of ongoing reforms aimed at repositioning the police for service delivery.
“The death of your son has played a role in getting some of our zonal offices reorganised. Our concern now is justice for the deceased, how do we get it? If we don’t have adequate information as to what actually happened, we will not be able to get justice for the deceased and he will not forgive us wherever he is,” he said.
Governor Abiodun while commiserating with the family of late Tiamiyu, said that no stone would be left unturned during the investigation.
“Please accept our deepest condolences. This incident has caused all of us a lot of pain and it is highly regrettable and most unfortunate.
“Since this event happened, we have left no stone unturned to investigate the root cause of this problem,” he stated.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that the Ogun state governor, Dapo Abiodun, made it clear that the culprits behind the shocking and untimely death of former Remo Stars footballer Tiamiyu Kazeem would be brought to book.
PAY ATTENTION: Download our mobile app to enjoy the latest news update
It was reported that the number one citizen in the state also confirmed on his official social media account that the perpetrator behind the death of the footballer has been arrested in which justice must be done.
On Saturday, February 22, the entire football fraternities in Nigeria were thrown into mourning when the shocking death of Tiamiyu Kazeem was announced.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) – Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better.
Nigeria news: SARS shoots unnamed man to death in Ilupeju | – on Legit TV